Submissions are now closed
FENS and IBRO/PERC are jointly offering travel grants (750 Euro each) for students and young investigators to attend the FENS Forum 2022.
Only participants who are registered and paid for onsite participation and onsite poster submission can apply for a FENS/ IBRO-PERC Grant. The travel grant application is part of the abstract submission process.
Online applications can be submitted until the extended early registration deadline – 1 March 2022 (midnight CET). Note that the deadline for travel grant applications will be strictly applied and will not be postponed.
The FENS/IBRO-PERC Travel Grants will be paid by bank transfer after the winner has presented themselves personally at the FENS booth during the FENS Forum 2022.
Eligibility Criteria for the FENS/IBRO-PERC Travel Grants
- You are a PhD student or a postdoctoral fellow
- You have registered for the FENS Forum 2022 as an onsite participant
- You have submitted an abstract as first author for an onsite presentation
- You have to receive support from your current supervisor/PI
You are not eligible to apply if:
- You reside in the country where the Forum is taking place
- You have received a FENS/IBRO-PERC grant for the previous Forum 2020.
As soon as you have completed your application, an email will be sent to the person that you designated to support your application (supervisor or department head). This person will be asked to submit his/her support for your application electronically (no letter of recommendation required). Please make sure that you have received his/her consent beforehand, that the email address is correct and that you apply early enough to leave time for this person to submit his/her agreement electronically before the deadline on 3 March 2022 (midnight CET).
Please note that applicants are eligible to receive one stipend for FENS activities per year
- Deadline for submission: 1 March 2022 (midnight CET)
- Deadline for supervisor’s support: 3 March 2022 (midnight CET)
- Announcement of travel grant recipients: April 2022
Please note that when applying for a FENS/IBRO-PERC Travel Grant, you can also apply for the Young Investigator Training Programme. YITP is a summer research stay programme taking place in French laboratories. Please see the YITP page for more information.
Additional grant opportunities
Additional grant opportunities from FENS societies and other partners can be found here.